August 9, 2009

Synopsis

I've finally had the time and energy to start working on the synopsis for The First Romantic Suspense. I would have just sent in my query letter and then started working on a synopsis if an agent was interested, but most of the agents require a synopsis to be sent along with. So far I have one sentence done. Lol.
There are many different opinions on what a synopsis should be. Some say it's more about feelings and tone, but others say it's a step-by-step telling of your book. I'm writing both. It depends on how long the synopsis should be and that depends on the agent. If they want 1 page I'm going to give them the feelings and tone, but if they want 10-30 pages I'll do the step by step.
Off to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.