July 27, 2011

Hell. Hell. Hell.

Yes, I'm still in Revision Hell with my third novel. I've never had such a hard time writing. It could be because of school. It could be because of work. Or even lack of motivation/inspiration. The entire novel is being rewritten.

That is sad in itself so I feel like this:


But I am making the manuscript better. I am taking one more step toward publication. I am making pages, even if they are just revisions. I made it all the way to Chapter 8, but realized I had to start over again because I wasn't happy with the way certain scenes were arranged and the way I had written them. So now, I'm in Chapter 2 :)

It's slow, but sure. One day I will finish these revisions and my critique group will see it. One day I will submit to agents and publishers.

Where are you with your summer writing? Making progress?

2 comments:

  1. ...I spent over a year revising my manuscript, (4 rewrites,) before receiving a thumbs up from my editor...but it was worth it in the end ;)

    Hang in there, the finish line awaits!

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elliot! I'm so looking forward to that finish line :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.