October 13, 2009

Updates

I haven't posted in a while and thought I would share some updates as well as post this great quote of Ms. Evanovich's from her "Questions About Writing" on her site.

Q. What if I send my book to a lot of agents and none of them wants to represent me?


JANET: If being a writer is important to you, keep at it, keep improving, and don't give up. I wrote three books that were never published. I sent the first one out to everybody. I went through every agent and publisher in New York, twice. The only positive letter that I got back was from an agent, but it was written in purple crayon on a bar napkin, so I didn't follow up on it. Then, presto, ten years later I was a published author.


First, I haven't entered into the RWA Golden Heart contest. I didn't realize in order to enter you had to be a member of RWA. I am more than willing to become a member of this prestiges group, but lack the money to do so. Some day it will happen.

Second, I haven't been writing AT ALL. It's bad, I know. Good news? I'm still planning out my second novel in my head. I've even fixed a few chapters up there, but haven't written them yet. As for my first novel, I don't know what to do with it. For the people who've read it, the end is a bummer. It doesn't really end as a happy story, and they think I need to rewrite. Some days I agree, but am not sure how it will work out with the sequel.

Third, I am rethinking my titles. Any thoughts (if you've read the book)? If you haven't any titles that you think would be suited for a romantic/suspensful novel? And if you want to read it, just ask.

And last, I have decided to go back to school, but in a different program. I feel good about a my writing and would like to get the credentials to help me out. Currently, I'm trying to get program information about UVU's English department and we'll see where it takes me. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.