October 26, 2009

Rewritten

I'm done rewriting the query letter for The First Romantic Suspense. I was less motivated to do it before, but now that it's finished I feel much better. I'm waiting until November 31st to hear back from two agents I currently have active on my submission report to respond and then I am going to send out the new letter to another ten agents. We'll see how it goes. A few workshops I've gone through recommend finding a book for each agent I submit to that is similar to my own. It's a lot of work, but I think it will actually help in the long run. So to add to my goals I am going to start my research to find another story similar.
Now that I've finished my goal for this week I'm spending some extra time on revising The First Romantic Suspense. Yeah, I know, I thought it was done too, but remember when I said most people who've read it (actually all people) didn't like the ending? Well that's going to change. I'm even adding an additional character who will also be in the sequel. Plus there are always little things I miss. This week my used-to-be-completed manuscript is going in a three-ringed binder and I'm going to be carrying it around until I'm done with it. Seems a shame since I spent $25.00 making it all pretty and bound. But that's just what I've got to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.