January 1, 2011

A Little Late...But Amazing

Some good new first...the article I wrote, "5 Steps to a Perfect Submisson", was submitted and accepted by the editor of my Romance Writer's of America chapter here in Las Vegas. And in turn, was posted on EditorLink and accepted by the Wisconsin Romance Writer's of America chapter for use in their newletter!

Yes, this is just something small, but also an accomplishment for me. So I'm pretty happy right now.

You may have noticed a change in the web address above. I changed it so my name isn't included in the address. I have problems using my real name on the Internet sometimes. So until I come up with a psuedo, I'm just The Las Vegas Writer. :) Thinking of using my grandmother's married name with my first ititial, but haven't decided.

Now, onto the meat of the post!

Last year, I only had two goals. They were small and manageable and I completed both.

1. Read 50 new books (ones that I've never read before).
2. Finish a short story.

Done and done. Yep, it's time to make a new list.

1. Pass my classes (that's what takes up most of my time now days).
2. Submit/query my second novel, ALL BECAUSE OF YOU.

I'm keeping the list short. With school, it's hard to tell how much reading I'll be able to accomplish or how much writing I'll be able to tackle. I know I want to try to revise and edit my third novel, ALL OR NOTHING, but it's not going on the list just yet.


What are your goals this year? Are they more writing-related than mine?

1 comment:

  1. Oh well done! That sounds like a fab accomplishment to me. :)

    And I love how compact you keep your goals - it shows great focus.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.