September 14, 2011

WIP Report

(sigh)





What to say about my work in progress. Quite honestly, it's been Hell. I have rewritten the entire novel, cut over thirty percent of it, added characters, cut characters, changed their appearances and more. After all this, I am down to the last three chapters of the novel and have nowhere to go.

I'm stuck.

I know what I want my characters to do, how I want the story to end, but I am just the author. I have no control over my characters and it seems they are finished with me.

My deadline is October 1st. Self-imposed of course, but LET ME OUT will be back from the critique group that day and I need to start revisions on that and get it out to agents. I need my characters to get back in the game. I need to finish this book. I need to put this stress behind me.

What helps you when you're stuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.