March 5, 2010

Lost World by Michael Crichton

Sequel to Jurassic Park, the first half of the book is just as boring as Congo. There are too many technical dialogues for this to be considered a good book in my opinion. It just takes away from the plot. I also found an interesting discrepancy. In Jurassic Park, Malcome is dead! However, he is one of the main characters in this novel, which is based six years after Jurassic Park. Michael Crichton's reasoning? He appeared dead. Not very convincing to me. I did, however, enjoy the last half of the book, where the team is actually on the island. In Jurassic Park the raptors were the main threat. In Lost World, they are still a threat, but the Tyrannosauruses are a major part and more dangerous now that they have offspring. I kept comparing the book to the movie and there is practically nothing in common. Glad I read the book and got the real sequel, since the movie was terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.