October 6, 2011

Call for Critiques!

As many of you know, I am currently studying for my bachelors degree in English Literature to start a career in editing. Well, it seems getting the degree is going to take a while. There are many different reasons, but mostly because Nevada State is a small college and class availability is joke.

But I'm tired of waiting for something that will probably take another year.

I have been applying to e-publishers in hopes of getting my foot in the editorial door, but like querying, it takes time. During this waiting process, I need to build a portfolio and gain more experience.

So I am starting my own business!

My editing services will officially available in a couple weeks with the launch of my professional website :)

During this waiting time, I am calling for another round of critiques! I will, to the best of my ability, be able to give you insight into your first chapter while helping you correct copy edits and ready your submission for agents. This will hopefully help you in your writing career and me in my editing career.

If you are interested in taking part of this free editing session, please email me at the address below with a query letter and your first chapter attached as a .doc file.

Send submissions to: critiquesubmissions[at]yahoo[dot]com

Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.