May 26, 2010

Update and Long Overdue Book Review

I forgot I needed to write a review of Formatting and Submitting Your Manuscript for all you writer's out there. First off, it's a great source for every type of writer and style. The guide covers novels, short stories, magazine articles, the works and gave me the information I needed. This book isn't going to tell you how to write a book, but gives you great advice if you're looking to sell your work. The main reason I purchased it was to get a final summary of how to format my manuscripts, query letters and synopsis. There is so much information out there on the web that I was getting confused and this book helped me clear a lot of it up. So if you're wanting to sell your writing, definitely make this book a part of your research. Not only is there great advice, there's quotes from literary agents, telling you what they're looking for.
Now, onto the update. The first draft of All or Nothing is done! Yay! At about 359 pages, I made my goal of getting it finished before out big move this weekend and am very satisfied with the way it turned out. There is a lot of work still needing to be done with it, more additions, things like that, but now that I know exactly what I want and the way I want it, it'll be a piece of cake.
Another tidbit of information: I sent in my application to Romance Writer's of America and hope to hear back from them within the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.