June 28, 2010

Creativity and Well-Being Experiment

Welcome to my experiment. For the past month, I've felt slow, heavy and uninspired. My solution: get all these negative feelings and toxins out of my body. How I'm going to do it:

1. Water only. And plenty of it. I don't drink soda or even carbonated water. I cut that out last February when I was trying to lose weight and it's just kind of stuck. Mostly it's lemonade or Gatorade, Lifewater, etc. I drink about 72 ounces of fluid everyday, but only about 48 ounces of that is plain good-ol' water. Well, now it's time to cut out all those synthetic flavorings and stick with H2O.

2. No sugar. I'm in LOVE with M&M's and I tend to eat at least (2) 2lb. bags a week. Yes, that's a lot. Now you know why I run so much. I love the taste, but not the after effects. I feel slow and, with the help of my hypoglycemia, crappy after I eat sugar. But I keep doing it! No more. I refuse to feel like this any longer. I'm writing this after I just finished a bag of M&M's.

3. Daily meditation. Not only does my body feel slow, so does my mind. It needs a rest every once in a while from work and writing. My goal is to dedicate at least 10 minutes a day just to my mind. This little tidbit came from GOOP, my new favorite blog.

4. Daily vitamins. I have cronic fatique and no one can figure out why. Therefore, I try to take B12, but forget most of the time. I also don't eat dairy. It's gross, I don't like it, and I refuse to put it in my mouth. I SHOULD be taking a calcium supplement or at least a multi-vitamin. I don't. Time to fix that. Vitamin D is also pretty important for prevention of cancer, bone strength and more. 15 minutes a day in the sun is all you need and since I live in Vegas, that shouldn't be hard to come by.

5. Find another artistic hobby. I write. I love to write, but there has to be SOMETHING else out there that will get my creative juices going. Answer: drawing. I'm good at it, I like it, I just haven't done it in a while. I'm not one of those painter types. Just give me a pencil, a piece of paper and an object and away I go. I do stills and am not very good at portraits, but you never know. Maybe something good will come of practicing.

I'm going to keep a daily update of my progress, my reactions, my new feelings and creative juices for the next week. Hope you can follow along and take something away from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.