June 27, 2010

Where's My Inspiration?

As many of you know, I'm a very active person. I rock climb (my one real hobby), I snowboard, I run like mad because I eat a lot of M&Ms and will try anything to get my adrenaline rush. During these periods of activity, I write. In my head. I've been running for about two years now, starting out just to lose weight, but after I managed to reach my goal it's become peaceful. You're probably wondering, "What the hell is she talking about? Peaceful?" Yes. After so much hard work building up my endurance, I've finally reached the point where I can just run and not think about it. So now I think about my writing. But occasionally that doesn't work. For instance, moving to a different elevation. That changes everything I've worked for over the past two years. Bummer. So now that I'm thinking about running again, while running mind you, I have to turn to other sources of creativity. GOOP by Gwyneth Paltrow for example. I've taken the advice of my friend, Cardin McKinney, and have started work on getting as immersed in creativity as much as I can. It's a very cleansing feeling. Something I can get motivated by. Something I can focus on during running...
What is your inspiration? What do you do to keep yourself motivated? What's your creative pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.