December 18, 2009

Name Change

No, not mine. After doing a little more research I've decided to give my characters in The First Romantic Suspense more believable names. My hero is from England, therefore, he needed an English last name. The new name seems to fit the bill and it's not so generic anymore either. My villain's name also had a change, more radical. At the time I was writing the first draft I thought of the most popular Mexican name I could just to get things moving. Gonzales was the name, but after I've spent some time with my villain, getting to know him, his name is now more menacing and evil. It's perfect for the type of past he's had and what he does for a living.
As for the completion of The First Romantic Suspense, it will be done this weekend. I was drastically set back with the loss of those files, but it's for the best in my opinion. I was able to go back through my hard copies and make a better story out of it. The MS which was finished this summer at 331 pages is now over 400 pages because I was typing out those chapters again while adding bits and pieces. It has been a little stressful. I've altered my original ending and now I'm having to think of new ways to kill my villain. It's a very slow process, but I'm confident this weekend will be kind and let me work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.