December 11, 2009

Scandal by Carolyn Jewel

To get back into the swing of book reviews, here's Carolyn Jewel's Scandal.
Carolyn Jewel has taught me a lot when it comes to writing. For that purpose I decided to read at least one of her books.
Scandal was my first Carolyn Jewel experience and I have to say I was quite surprised at what I found. I expected another trashy novel that you just buy at the grocery store, but Scandal was very well done. I'm glad I looked into this author. I will be reading more of her, but most likely her paranormal side. Historical Romance isn't generally my genre.
Sophie annoyed me a little, not realizing, or admitting is more like it, that she had been in love with Banalt for some time. I think most of the time she was just denying she wanted anything to do with him and that put me off a little. However, Banalt was my favorite character. He fully applied himself to make Sophie realize he loved her and was a changed man, even when Sophie was being more than difficult.
This was a great book, one that I read in less than two days and will probably read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.