August 8, 2010

Under Control

No, not really. I don't feel that way at all. It's been a very busy week in the writing department. I wasn't even sure I wanted to take time away from the current work in progress to blog. But blog I must.

Here's what's new:

This week I was able to finish two chapters in My Demonic Love. Pushing my total count of chapters finished to 5. I started another two chapters today. I have about 5-7 pages of each written right now. These two make up my goal for the week. Must finish them by Saturday.

Something else kind of cool: I've been thinking about stepping out of the Romance genre once I have My Demonic Love, My Mortal Eclipse and My Angelic Death written. I was actually able to outline at least half of the new idea yesterday. It wasn't planned. I was toying with the idea, but my subconscious made me do it. I woke up this morning and forced myself to get the ideas out on paper. The new book if tentatively titled Never Too Early. It is more a Sleuth, but may have some romantic elements. I'm not sure yet. My focus is still on the current paranormal project, but I did have to write out the prologue for Never Too Early before I could move on.

I was able to register for classes this week. So I am going to start my bachelor's program in a couple weeks. This will most likely take some time away from writing and blogging, but I will do my best to keep up with everyone.

Some bad news: I lost three pages of My Demonic Love. I don't know where they went. I opened up a finished chapter, and suddenly I remember that's not where my chapter left off! So I searched my backup drive and the chapter was on there, but a previous version and not the one I was looking for. Thank goodness it was only three pages. It was nothing compared to The Great File Loss of 2009 where I lost 150 pages of All Falls Down.I cried then. Really. So today was nothing. I was able to rewrite the three pages I lost. So no harm, no foul.

Hope you all have a good upcoming week. I have a friend coming in to town this week, so you won't hear from me probably until next Sunday. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.