March 12, 2011

Shorten It Up

Short stories are a great way to keep those creative juices going, to start a new novel or just flesh out an idea. I never saw myself writing them until the past year or so, but entered a few contests (and lost) and have written a few more since then.

I have a few with the recommendation from others that I try to get them published. But I don't know what to do, where to look, or if it will even be possible without contests (which I've given up on). There are a lot of novelists out there, but there are even MORE short story writers. The competition is steep and I'm a little overwhelmed.

Is it worth it? Do you have any advice for an amateur short story-ist or some info? How do you even begin if you want to get these little puppies published?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.