April 6, 2011

Query-tastic

I made that up. No, really! Since I'm having such a hard time coming up with an interesting topic for today's post, I thought I might keep you updated on the agents I've queried for my commercial suspense, LET ME OUT.

When I say "updated" I mean the turnaround time for those 10 agents and 2 publishers with which I've queried and have already received feedback from...just in case you ever decide to query these wonderful people. No specific naming order here.

Anne Hawkins at John Hawkins and Associates, 1 day
Lindsey Clemons at Larson-Pomada Literary, 2 days
Stacia Decker at Donald Maass Literary, 3 days

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

Jessica Faust of BookEnds Literary, 4 days

Jill Marsol at Lyan-Marsol Literary, 5 days

Janet Reid of FinePrint Literary Management, 6 days
(This is where I tell you when I received her rejection, I turned around and sent it to another agent at FinePrint, per her advice).

That's it for now. I still have 7 queries out and I'll keep you updated. Hope the information helps. What have you been working on lately? Are you querying soon?

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get the good news soon. Getting a book published is indeed difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm trying to get through a query right now. It's tough so major props to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some chocolate while you're at it.